Giftfinder Terms & Conditions of Business
1. EXPERIMENTAL ORDERS: Experimental work carried out at customer's request will be considered an order, and charged for.
2. PROOFS: Customer’s alterations on and after first proof, including alterations in style will be supplied extra ad valorem. No responsibility will be accepted for errors in proof passed by customer.
3. CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY: (Dies, Blocks and Artwork) Customer's property, when supplied, will be held entirely at Customer's risk as regards fire and other unforeseen damage. Every care will be taken to get the best results where materials are supplied by Customer’s, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so supplied.
4. EXPEDITED DELIVERY: Should delivery of work be required sooner than the normal time requisite for its proper production, every effort will be made to secure freedom from defects, but reasonable allowance must be made by Customer’s in such cases. Should the delivery necessitate overtime being worked, or other additional cost being incurred, a charge will be made to cover the enhanced cost.
5. QUANTITY DELIVERED: Every endeavor will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered but owing to the difficulty of producing exact quantities, any order is conditional upon a margin of 10% being allowed for overs or shortage, the same to be charged for or deducted pro rata.
6. INCOMPLETE PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS: When complete copy for publicity printing is not given with this order, the dated stock will be held for the Customer at its charge.
7. CLAIMS: Claims arising from damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit must be made in writing to Giftfinder Ltd so as to reach them within 24 hours of delivery.
8. FORCE MAJEURE: Every effort will be made to carry out the contract but the due performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation owing to an Act of God, War, Strikes, Lock-outs, Fire, Flood, Drought or any other cause beyond control, or owing to inability to procure materials or articles except at enhanced prices due to any of the foregoing causes.
9. STANDARD CONDITIONS AS TO STORAGE: Goods left in storage are held at Customer’s risk, unless otherwise stated in writing, and subject to reasonable care. Without prejudice to the liens given by law and the customs of the trade, Giftfinder Ltd have a general lien upon all the Customer's goods in hand with all moneys owing on general account, with power to sell in default of payment thereof.
10. ILLEGAL OR OBSCENE MATTER: Giftfinder Ltd shall not be required to print any matter which in its reasonable opinion is of an illegal or obscene nature.
11. LIABILITY: Giftfinder Ltd shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or for any loss to the Customer arising from third party claims occasioned by errors in carrying out the work or by delay in delivery.
12. PRICES: Prices quoted are for standard delivery times. When delivery is delayed at the Customer's request, or held up through delay in passing proofs or sketches the price will be that ruling at time of dispatch.
13. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Nett. One month from date of Invoice on approved accounts. Should you have any query regarding an invoice, this must be raised with and received by Giftfinder Ltd in writing within 14 days of the invoice date. Otherwise the Customer will be deemed to be liable to the full amount as invoiced. An application for the opening of a credit account with Giftfinder Ltd shall include an undertaking by the applicant that he/she has read and agreed to the Giftfinder Ltd Standard Conditions herein. Where the Customer has an account, payment shall be made 30 days from the invoice date. If payment by the Customer is delayed, the Customer shall pay to Giftfinder Ltd interest on monies outstanding at the rate equivalent to Bank of England Bank Rate plus 2% on the outstanding balance until payment. Giftfinder Ltd may at its absolute discretion close the Customer’s account at any time and any balances due shall be paid immediately by the Buyer to Giftfinder Ltd.
14. INSOLVENCY: If the Customer ceases to pay his debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay his debts as they become due or being a company is deemed unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy, or has a bankruptcy petition issued against him, Giftfinder Ltd without prejudice to other remedies shall:
(i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt to him, and
(ii) in respect of all unpaid for debt due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days' notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts. In the event that Giftfinder Ltd ceases to pay its debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay its debts as they become due or is deemed unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it the Customer may terminate any and all agreements it has with Giftfinder Ltd with immediate effect
15. COLOUR MATCHING: Colour matching of printed goods is made as close as possible, or on payment of all costs, by the paint or dye manufacturers, even so we do not guarantee to match any given colour shade perfectly.